Meet Our Team
Surrounded by beauty and creativity, our staff thrives in a dynamic culture that shares a passion for excellence. We employ some of the most talented individuals in the floral industry and beyond, hiring people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Watching our employees grow and become leaders in their field is something that gives us an immense sense of pride, and some of our employees have even been a part of our family for over 20 years.
- With Winston Flowers since: February 2004
- Favorite flower: I believe beauty can be found in both the flowers and foliage of most plants.
- What impacts your way of thinking? Anything and everything could be the stimulus for how we design, and it should be ever-changing.
Having grown up on a farm in the Midwest, I gained an appreciation for hard work and the beauty of nature. I left the farm for an education in fine arts, which led me to many collaborations, including work in the theater. My evolution into an event designer has made it possible for me to combine my interest in art with my love of nature and what it produces—like the textural materials that are the foundation of what we create for our clients’ events.
- With Winston Flowers since: February 2003
- Favorite flower: Clooney ranunculus
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Working alongside floral artist Daniel Ost in Belgium.
Although I grew up surrounded by art and design, I never dreamed it would become my career. After spending three months with the National Outdoor Leadership School in Wyoming, I earned a degree in environmental science. Upon graduating, I became a part of the Beach Management Program in Nantucket, MA and soon found myself working for an event designer on the island in addition to this. In 2002, I moved to Boston and joined the event department at Winston Flowers. I love working with clients to bring their vision to life as well as making sure they enjoy the process of creating their one-of-a-kind event.
- With Winston Flowers since: September 2011
- Favorite season: Winter
- What impacts your designs? Nature and extreme urban environments.
I am a born Bostonian who began my career in New York City, where I spent close to two decades working with various upscale event design companies. As a longtime member of The New York Botanical Garden, I find horticulture to be both professionally and personally rewarding. In 2011, I returned to Boston, where I joined the Winston Flowers team. My design style ranges from classic to contemporary, all while keeping the client’s vision in mind. As an event designer, I’m thrilled to work on a wide variety of events from weddings and galas to smaller, more intimate affairs.
- With Winston Flowers since? January 2014
- Favorite flower: Orange clooney ranunculus
- What impacts your way of thinking? Cultural and environmental influences help my creativity flow.
I was born and raised in Brazil, surrounded by the farms and mountains of Poços de Calda—also known as the City of Roses. In 1999, I decided to move to New York to pursue a career in floral design at the New York Botanical Garden. This led me to open my own floral design and wedding planning company in Stamford, CT. After years of establishing my reputation in the hospitality industry in Fairfield County, I decided to sell my company and join the award-winning team at Winston Flowers in Greenwich, CT. The transition to Winston Flowers was seamless and allowed me to expand my clientele as well as gain new experiences. It wasn’t long until I was invited to join the special event team in Boston, and I’m happy to have allowed my passion for flowers and design to take me to new places.
- With Winston Flowers since? 2006-2008 & 2014-2016
- Favorite flower: All garden flowers with soft fragrance
- What impacts your way of thinking? Color, perfume, art music—everything is connected, you just have to stop and appreciate it.
I worked as a floral designer in my native France for many years, but had never before considered doing so in the United States. That is, until some unexpected events made me feel as though a change was necessary. Around this time, one of my employers contacted me and suggested I go to Boston. Before that, I had contemplated moving to Belgium or Holland, but not the States. I first came to the city in February of 2006—I still remember it like it was yesterday. I had left the South of France where it was 85 degrees and arrived to below freezing temperatures. I quickly forgot about the cold as soon as I left the airport, however. I was on the Tobin Bridge and thought the view, the light…what a beautiful city; it was breathtaking. The first day I walked into the Winston Flowers & Garden location for my interview was the day I fell in love with this company. The product, the flowers, the containers, the people—it was like a dream come true. Now, as Winston Flowers expands into New York City, I’m proud to oversee the Floral Design team as we head into this exciting new market. I feel lucky to be able to bring my passion and expertise to our New York team and to our clients in Manhattan.
- With Winston Flowers since: March 2018
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus
- What impacts your way of thinking? Music and art are huge motivators for me. I always look for the beauty in things and appreciate when anyone goes the extra mile to make something feel special.
- With Winston Flowers since? 2010-2014 and 2017
- Favorite flower: Peonies
- What impacts your way of thinking? When the hours get long, I try to remember why we’ve been entrusted to begin with—the end result matters to someone and that is worth every bit of effort.
I studied Interior Design at the Mount Ida College School of Design, where, after graduating, I honed in on my customer service skills in furniture retail for the next year. Afterwards, I joined the Winston Flowers team in 2010 as a client services associate, followed by sales coordinator, and then event coordinator. I next went on to manage a high-end showroom for United Marble Fabricators at the Boston Design Center before taking on the unique opportunity to assist the creative director of Max Ultimate Foods. In 2017, I was thrilled to return to Winston Flowers as the event operations manager, leading a team I already knew and loved. In this role, I’m constantly looking forward to ensure every design we sell is well executed, from conceptualization to installation. In my opinion, if the team is efficient and the client is impressed, then we have upheld the acclaimed aesthetic and quality that is synonymous with Winston Flowers.
- With Winston Flowers since: January 2012
- Favorite flower: Sweet pea
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Being a part of the destination events team. Some standout locations include Aspen, Jackson Hole, Washington D.C., and Nantucket.
Originally from Connecticut, I studied business at the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. While working for Salter Frieze Wedding & Special Events, as well as Boston Common Magazine, I learned the ins and outs of the event industry. Taking that valuable experience, I joined the Winston Flowers events team in January of 2012. I appreciate working for a company as forward thinking and innovative as Winston Flowers is in terms of event and floral design. Above all, I enjoy creating one-of-a-kind experiences for my clients, ensuring that each event is one to remember.
- With Winston Flowers since: April 2018
- Favorite flower: Clooney ranunculus
- What impacts your way of thinking? Working alongside creatives and designers.
I studied public relations at Quinnipiac University where upon graduation, I was lucky enough to secure a job as an account manager and event designer with PBD Events. During my seven years there, I learned the nuances of event design, as well as fostering strong client relationships. I had always enjoyed working alongside Winston Flowers when the opportunity would arise, and I am so excited to now be a part of the team. One of my favorite things about working in this industry is having the chance to create something memorable for our clients. I love being able to apply my creative events background to bring a client's vision to life.
- Favorite flower: Soft blush peony
- Favorite season: Spring and Autumn—especially in New England
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: I love the holidays at our Design Studio when it transforms into a mix of winter wonderland and Santa’s workshop.
I earned my degree in hospitality and events management and have been working in this industry ever since. My career began at a lifestyle company that focused on event planning, interior design, and fashion styling. Some highlights include attending New York Fashion Week, styling pages of Northshore Magazine, and coordinating various New England weddings. I transitioned to a role on the events team at Winston Flowers in order to be closer to the city, as well as to work at a company where the ‘special services’ treatment is applied to each and every client—one of my very favorite things about Winston Flowers!
- With Winston Flowers since? October 2017
- Favorite flower: Sweet pea
- What impacts your way of thinking? Forward thinking. I am always trying to find a more efficient yet practical way of doing things.
- With Winston Flowers since? February 2017
- Favorite flower: Hellebore, sweet pea, and garden roses
- Did you know? Writing is one of my passions! From letters to friends to a weekly blog, I love words and hope to be an author one day.
- With Winston Flowers since? March 2012
- Favorite flower: Coral charm peonies and native lilac
- What impacts your way of thinking? Collaborating with creative people.
After graduating with a background in public relations and studio fine arts, I decided to pursue a creative environment where my career could flourish and grow—and Winston Flowers was just the right place. Not only have I been able to explore new roles within the company over the years, I’ve also had the opportunity to work at four of our seven shop locations, expanding my network of clients beyond my hometown of Greenwich. Moving to Boston allowed me to see the impact Winston Flowers has on the community and connect with generations of clients and friends. After years of immersing myself in Winston Flowers’ roots, I felt it was time to bring my enthusiasm back to our Greenwich clientele—and I’m so glad to be back in the hustle and bustle of Greenwich Avenue!
- With Winston Flowers since? 2003
- Describe your floral style: Textural
- The most exciting part of my day at Winston Flowers is: The uncertainty of what a day may hold. In my position, there's always a new challenge or opportunity, and I enjoy coming in each day to find out what's in store.
For me, Winston Flowers is a family business in every sense. My mother was a manager at the Hingham shop, I met my wife when she was a floral designer here, my brother is a flower buyer, and my sister helps out during the busy holidays. I initially came to Winston Flowers to work part time in the delivery department while studying Business Management at the University of Massachusetts, Boston. Unexpectedly, what was supposed to be a summer job turned into a 15 year career. In 2005, I joined the Delivery & Dispatch team full time. A few years after that, I was approached to join the design team as a design operations coordinator, where I served as a liaison between the delivery and design departments. My next role as assistant design manager called for me to handle our complex operations for major holidays like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and winter holiday installations, until I was eventually promoted to manager of operations. Now, in my current position as director of operations, I oversee all aspects of our Boston design studio operations, special events, and garden design installations, ensuring every project is executed seamlessly and that the client is happy. I thrive on logistics, troubleshooting, and appreciate a good operational challenge. Most of all, I love watching my teams succeed, and I enjoy positioning people for growth and success within the company.
- With Winston Flowers since: October 2008
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus and fritillaria
- What impacts your way of thinking? That each day is a new opportunity to create an unforgettable experience for our clients and exceed their expectations.
I graduated from Suffolk University in 2007 with a degree in advertising. While working for a small advertising firm in Boston, I was inspired to make a career change after seeing the gorgeous flowers that were delivered to the office weekly. Upon arriving at the Winston Flowers Design Studio, I knew I had found the right place for me and began to carve out a career path from client services associate to client services operations manager, and eventually my current role as sales operations manager. In my present position, I feel as though I have found my niche and being able to collaborate with so many areas of the business is my favorite part of this role!
- With Winston Flowers since: September 2016
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus
- What impacts your way of thinking? I am extremely impacted by all the creative minds I get to work with at this company on a daily basis.
I have memories of planting orchids at our design studio from the time I was 12 years old. Before joining the Winston Flowers team in a more official capacity, I worked at a café owned by a James Beard Award winner as an intern. That internship eventually grew into a managerial position, and after working there for two years, I realized that I really enjoyed working with food. I was offered a position in our gourmet department, and I’ve been here ever since! I strive to create awareness of our gourmet offerings among our clients, who upon discovering this part of the company seem to love it! I really enjoy designing our gourmet collection and finding new and different ways to feature products each and every season.
- With Winston Flowers since? November 2015
- Favorite flower: White peony
- What impacts your way of thinking? Maintaining a positive attitude, as well as constantly being inspired by the beautiful product I’m surrounded by.
I was born and raised in Canada, and after graduating from college, I quickly took an opportunity to work in the Caribbean, spending eight years in the luxury hotel and event business. I lived in various countries, including the Cayman Islands, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic, before making the transition to Winston Flowers in 2015. I spent two years working with the amazing clientele at our Greenwich location, servicing the New York and Connecticut areas, before leaving for an opportunity to travel with my husband. When I heard Winston Flowers was opening a new location in New York City, I was beyond excited to rejoin such a talented company and help grow the brand to attain the same popularity it has achieved in Boston. As the general manager of the New York City Design Studio, I look forward to leading our team in this new market and seeing what amazing opportunities are in store for our products and services.
- With Winston Flowers since: December 2018
- Favorite flower: White O'Hara garden rose
- What impacts your way of thinking? I search for the truth or integrity in things, people, or a thought process—stripping things down to their essence is where I begin.
I feel so fortunate to have grown up south of Boston, with its inspiring natural beauty and close access to the city. I remember venturing into a Winston Flowers store as a teenager and never wanting to leave! After university and starting a career in television production, I followed a dream to work as an art consultant in galleries in Boston and New York. After that, I transitioned to the hospitality industry, working in catering and group sales for Marriott International and Longwood Venues + Destinations. So much of what I love I have found at Winston Flowers. Not only am I surrounded by creative professionals dedicated to client service, but the product here is absolutely unmatched. In my role as director of sales, I collaborate with sales professionals across many areas of the company, including events, garden design, and corporate and residential sales to ensure an exceptional experience for each client through our service, elevated design, and company standards.
- With Winston Flowers since: 1996
- Favorite flower: Peonies and lily of the valley
- What impacts your way of thinking? I’m a visual person, so I often find inspiration from beautiful photography.
I began my career at Winston Flowers as an intern while studying at Northeastern University and immediately recognized it was an ideal fit. Early on, my time was spent in the client services department and as a marketing coordinator. As the company grew, I grew with it. I then worked on the human resources team for a few years until an opportunity to become an account executive surfaced in 2004. I loved traveling throughout the Greater Boston area, meeting with clients face-to-face and creating beautiful designs and spaces for them. Since then, I've held the titles of director of sales and director of business development, and most recently, I've transitioned to a senior account executive role to focus on what I enjoy most: sales. I'm thrilled to work on our clients' most important events and provide impeccable service. Most of all, I love helping people succeed and grow within the company, just like I did.
- With Winston Flowers since: November 1997
- Favorite flower: Chrysanthemum
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Creating beauty with a team of wonderfully talented people, celebrating life’s moments.
Originally from the Boston area and a graduate of the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, I have strong ties to the community and a love for the creative process. Over twenty years of experience at Winston Flowers and a strong sense of dedication and loyalty are the key to assisting my clients in making the right decisions. Every detail, great or small, is tended to with care, and the goal is always the same—perfection.
- With Winston Flowers since: 2001
- Favorite flower: Native lilac for its scent. I also love all fresh herbs!
- What impacts your way of thinking? My background as an events designer, as well as being surrounded by creativity and beauty all day.
I joined Winston Flowers in 2001 as a floral designer on the events team, where I thoroughly enjoyed the creative process of bringing my clients’ visions to life. In 2005, I transitioned to our outside sales team as an account executive, serving an array of clients, including corporate, residential, and hotel properties, as well as event planning professionals and caterers. While my design background serves me well in understanding my clients’ needs, I truly am a relationship person. I love taking care of my clients, making them feel special and exceeding their expectations. There’s nothing better than providing them with a memorable experience.
- With Winston Flowers since: April 2016
- Favorite flower: I won’t commit to one type. I love them all!
- What impacts your way of thinking? Taking risks and stepping outside your comfort zone in order to grow and live beyond your potential.
- With Winston Flowers since: March 2018
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus & lilac—it’s the romance in both.
- What impacts your way of thinking? I always try to outdo and elevate what I’ve done in the past with meaningful, individual approach and execution.
- With Winston Flowers since: August 1996
- What impacts your way of thinking? Mother Nature: Whatever I’m doing, I always find a way to incorporate something natural and beautiful.
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: My wedding day. Winston Flowers literally transformed my venue into a magical oasis of elegant flowers and glowing candlelight. My guests are still talking about it…
Service is my passion—and it’s something I’ve been refining every day since I began my career in the hospitality industry, as well as throughout my twenty-two years at Winston Flowers. During this time, I have led my concierge team to redefine full service and provide our clients with an array of world-class services, including personal shopping, custom floral design, and curated gourmet gifts. I specialize in creating one-of-a-kind client experiences that exceed expectations and turn the ordinary into extraordinary.
- With Winston Flowers since: August 2014
- Favorite flower: Cymbidium orchids and succulents
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Helping our design team with an event at the Boston Aquarium. Seeing the beautiful centerpieces and décor coordinate with the whimsical environment of the Aquarium was truly a magical experience!
I graduated from Suffolk University with a degree in advertising and a minor in theater. After exploring a career in retail, I joined a small florist in my hometown where I cultivated my interest in flowers and design. After realizing how much I enjoyed the floral services industry, I decided to position myself with a company at the forefront of innovative design and great customer service: Winston Flowers. My favorite part about this job is the variety of opportunities available. There is so much movement and activity outside the traditional realm, so it’s constantly interesting and fun. As a client experience specialist, I enjoy providing our clients with exceptional customer service and utilizing my creativity and design skills to help bring their visions to life. Whether it’s a small dinner party or a gift for a birthday celebration, each experience and occasion is different and special, just like all of our clients.
- With Winston Flowers since: November 1997
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus
- What impacts your way of thinking? Creating a positive environment to ensure any challenges or difficulties are met with an upbeat and hopeful attitude.
I love working with people and have held many positions at Winston Flowers over the years from card desk and client services to holiday installations and events—all of which I have enjoyed very much. These roles have helped me grow creatively and allowed me to become passionate about the exceptional service we provide. Most of all, I love playing a role in bringing a client’s vision to life and knowing they are thrilled with the end result.
- With Winston Flowers since: October 2001
- Favorite flower: Peonies and tulips
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment? When a family tells me that our flowers brought them some comfort after the loss of a loved one.
I've been a member of the Winston Flowers team since 2001, where I’ve spent most of my career as a member of our Special Services Team. I’ve had the pleasure of assisting our clients with expert product selection, as well as providing extraordinary service. I enjoy having the opportunity to develop relationships with our clients, getting to know their tastes in flowers, and exceeding their expectations in service and more.
- With Winston Flowers since: June 2013
- Favorite flower: Phalaenopsis and cymbidium orchids
- What impacts your way of thinking? I believe every experience has the ability to color your perspective. I try to learn from past experiences to create better ones with what I’ve learned.
My role here at Winston Flowers has been shaped by a rich background in theatre arts and years of experience working in client relations. When it comes to service, my philosophy is deeply rooted in creativity and personal connections, approaching every project with positivity and an enthusiasm for each client’s vision. Being around beautiful, fresh flowers every day keeps me inspired and working with clients to create something special is always a pleasure. I look forward to continuing to introduce our services and gorgeous designs to the NYC area.
- With Winston Flowers since? April 2015
- Favorite flower: Café au lait dahlia
- What impacts your way of thinking? I’m an eternal optimist who values collaboration. I also enjoy being surrounded by like-minded, creative thinkers who are open to growth and change.
After spending several years working for a high-end woman’s retailer, I moved to Boston from Tulsa, OK, just in time to experience one of the worst winters in the history of the city! I was ecstatic to land my dream job with Winston Flowers, managing the Federal Street shop in Downtown Boston, before eventually accepting the role of store manager at our flagship location in Chestnut Hill. During my time with the company, I’ve enjoyed working closely with our incredible retail sales team, as well as getting to know our fantastic clientele. Most of all, I’ve loved being continuously blown away by the design quality and endless creativity found in both our retail shops and design studios. In my current role, I’ve shifted my focus to leading our phenomenal client services team and am excited to build on the Winston Flowers legacy of delivering unparalleled service, exceptional product, and an unforgettable experience to each and every one of our clients.
- With Winston Flowers since: January 2014
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus, in every color
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Seeing and smelling the sea of flowers that take over the Design Studio during holidays like Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day. It’s magical.
My career began in New York City, where I worked in public relations, representing clients in various luxury industries. I worked with a number of notable brands including Maker’s Mark, The Macallan, Halekulani in Hawaii, The Lanesborough in London, and Red Door Spas. It was during this time that I developed a love for marketing and eventually stepped into a role at Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy as a brand manager for Veuve Clicquot champagne. I worked implementing national marketing programs, developing sales collateral, and played a key role in overseeing brand events, including the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic. After more than seven years in New York City, I moved to Boston and found my dream job at Winston Flowers. As the director of marketing, I work with an incredible team to manage the company’s website, email campaigns, social media, public relations, and strategic programs. Without a doubt, my favorite part of my job is naming the arrangements in each collection! I’m honored to market such a distinguished and innovative brand.
- With Winston Flowers since? January 2019
- Favorite flower: White anemones
- What impacts your way of thinking? Approaching challenges with both the left and the right brain—being surrounded by creative people coaxes me out of a data-driven mindset to encourage me to find solutions that are outside of the box.
- With Winston Flowers since: June 2015
- Favorite flower: Garden roses and peonies
- What impacts your way of thinking? People. I love it when a stranger or a new friend inspires me to try something new or see things differently.
I attended college in Boston and have been in love with this city ever since. Upon graduating from Suffolk University, I took on a year of intensive community service through the AmeriCorps VISTA program, serving the communities of North Central Massachusetts. After a fulfilling year of giving back to the community, I decided it was time to pursue my interests in marketing and photography by taking on roles that allowed me to continue discovering my strengths. Since joining Winston Flowers, I’ve fulfilled my craving for a creative environment, and I’m satisfied knowing I joined a company that’s committed to giving back to the community.
- With Winston Flowers since: March 2019
- Favorite flower: Sweet Pea
- What impacts your way of thinking? Words are so powerful—they can paint as vivid a picture as any photograph. It’s a privilege to bring our products to life for clients through storytelling and descriptive language.
I have always loved working with words in creative environments. I started my career in advertising sales at Cosmopolitan Magazine in New York City, but I quickly transitioned to editorial. I spent several years as an International Editions Editor for 18 editions of Cosmo around the world—including Cosmo South Africa and Mongolia. After moving to Boston in 2012, I joined a startup called Paint Nite as one of the first employees and got to ride the wave as it became the second fastest-growing company in the country. It was an incredible experience working on their private events team, but when the opportunity to write at Winston Flowers came up, I knew it was time to return to my passion. I feel very fortunate to do what I love surrounded by the beautiful product, innovative design, and exceptionally talented people at Winston Flowers.
- With Winston Flowers since: April 2019
- Favorite flower: Peonies and orchids
- Did you know? I was almost a contestant on ABC’s “The Bachelor” in 2018.
Born in California and raised on the south coast of Massachusetts, I moved to Boston in 2015. I began my career as a graphic designer in the fashion industry, moving from apparel to print to digital design. As I shifted my way of thinking as a designer, I began to fall in love with creating an experience that the user can immediately connect and interact with. I learned about Winston Flowers from working in an office environment and witnessing the “oohs” and “ahhs” when someone received a signature Winston Flowers black bag. Every time I watched a recipient light up with excitement, I thought about how special it was to be involved in brightening someone’s day in such a beautiful and timeless way. Now I love knowing that I am a part of that moment. As the graphic designer on the marketing team, I love that I have a creative influence on how our clients view our gorgeous products across our digital platforms and channels.
- With Winston Flowers since: July 2012
- Favorite flower: Poppies and ‘blushing bride’ protea
- What impacts your way of thinking? Visual harmony is really important in my work. I draw a lot of inspiration from nature and love searching for textures, patterns, and color combinations outside. I prefer hands-on work, figuring out how materials interact with each other and trying different processes and ideas until I find the perfect solution.
I graduated from the Massachusetts College of Art and Design with a degree in fiber arts. My career began working for a small artist-run company, designing and hand-painting textiles for home and fashion. After spending some time in retail sales and window design, I came across the visual merchandiser position at Winston Flowers. I knew next to nothing about plants or flowers but reveled at the chance to apply my creative experience to a whole new field. Before long, I was promoted to visual manager of the Winston Flowers flagship store in Chestnut Hill, then on to manage visuals and buying for all retail shops. Now, as creative director of retail, I work with the Winston Flowers creative and buying teams to develop seasonal visual themes for our seven locations—selecting colors, styles, and textures to tell a new story each time. I source unique vessels from around the world and conceptualize how to best display them alongside the season’s finest plants and flowers. Our business is so closely tied to what’s happening in nature, that our stores need constant updates to reflect these changes. I love creating beautiful and inspiring destinations for our clients and get so excited when a display comes together after months of planning!
- With Winston Flowers since: July 2010
- Favorite flower: Ever-changing answer! At the moment, hellebore.
- What impacts your way of thinking? I think color is a very powerful tool. Unexpected and sophisticated color stories have the ability to elevate any design.
- With Winston Flowers since: May 2018
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Both our clients and employees alike—whether it be a smile, a thank you, or simply sharing interest in one another, we all have an impact on each other.
My background in luxury retail began at a startup company in the U.K., where I worked my way up over the course of ten years in an energetic and entrepreneurial environment. In 2011, I was offered the opportunity to relocate to the U.S. as the company’s U.S. satellite manager to pioneer the expansion of the brand in a new market. I discovered Winston Flowers after moving to Boston in 2013, and long aspired to work for the company before coming on in 2018 as the manager of the Wellesley shop. In summer 2019, I transitioned to manager of the Newbury Street store. It is truly an honor to be a part of such a creative and uplifting work environment.
- With Winston Flowers since: June 2017
- Favorite flower: White orchid
- What impacts your way of thinking? When people have the courage to step away from the status quo and make a difference in this world.
After graduating from Boston Architectural College with a background in interior design, I moved to New York City to pursue an exciting opportunity working for a French luxury brand in SoHo. The experience expanded into seven phenomenal years in New York until the desire to go back to my roots led me to their Boston location. Being back home and just steps away from the Winston Flowers Newbury Street location reminded me of the love and admiration I have always had for one of Boston’s most reputable brands. I was thrilled to learn that the Federal Street location was in need of an experienced store manager and jumped at the opportunity. As store manager, I strive to continue developing my skills in personalized customer service, growing client relationships, and bringing the best in luxe florals to Boston!
- With Winston Flowers since: October 2013
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus, anemones, and hellebore
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: When our shops are transformed for the holiday season; they always tell a different and beautiful story.
My career with Winston Flowers began at our Wellesley shop, where I instantly knew I wanted to grow my career with this amazing company. Since then, I have had the opportunity to manage both our Wellesley and Federal Street locations, and, more recently, our flagship location in Chestnut Hill. I’m constantly inspired by the vibrant sense of community in all of our shops and enjoy getting to know each client individually, as well as sharing my knowledge with others. Being a part of the Winston Flowers family feels like an extension of my own family. I hope our clients feel the same way when they walk through the door of our shops.
- With Winston Flowers since: November 2017
- Favorite flower: Always changing with the season. Currently nigella!
- What impacts your way of thinking? I'm constantly motivated to continue to grow, learn, and challenge myself to improve.
I have loved flowers ever since I was little and would garden with my mom. For years, I worked in insurance but felt unfulfilled and stifled creatively. I always maintained my love of flowers and created floral arrangements as a hobby, so when I saw an opening with Winston Flowers, I knew it would be the perfect career change for me. As the manager of the Wellesley shop, I love working one-on-one with clients to select the best flowers, plants, and containers for their homes or events. It's really great helping our clients’ visions come to life and express what they had hoped.
- With Winston Flowers since: March 1988
- Favorite flower: Lily of the valley and peonies
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: The week of Valentine’s Day at the Design Studio. I’m always delighted by the breathtaking carpet of color: hydrangeas in every shade of blue, purple, pink, and cream.
I began my career with Winston Flowers over 30 years ago, working at several of our retail locations before managing our shop in charming downtown Hingham. Over the years, my dedication has not wavered, and I continue to be enthusiastic about our company and the unique floral products we offer. A diverse knowledge in all aspects of Winston Flowers now seems like second nature to me, and I enjoy sharing that with our guests. It’s important to me that their experience is memorable and that long-lasting relationships are built here. I am honored and proud to be a part of this historic seaside community.
- With Winston Flowers since: October 2016
- Favorite flower: Native lilac
- What impacts your way of thinking? My career in hospitality has influenced not only my work, but every interaction and aspect of my daily life. I strive to practice the tenets of service I’ve learned, where kindness, goodwill, and respect for others are ever present.
My love for nature and all things that grow began on my family’s dairy farm in Central Wisconsin, where I learned to tend to the fields and cultivate a vast produce garden. I eventually left the heartland to pursue a career in hospitality, spending over a decade managing the experience of both guests and staff in a high-volume, award-winning restaurant in Boston. In addition to this, I also served as the wine director, curating the restaurant’s extensive wine program. It was during this time that I became familiar with Winston Flowers’ integrity and superior level of service. After years of being a frequent client and ardent admirer, I joined the sales team at Winston Flowers & Garden, ascending to a role as store manager of the Concord shop. Working at Winston Flowers is an incredible experience that both challenges me and reminds me that I get to do what I love each and every day. I love knowing our small but mighty Concord team contributes to the bigger picture of this company.
- With Winston Flowers since: June 2019
- Favorite flower: A purple Vanda—it’s very bright and bold.
- Did you know? I was a competitive figure skater for 10 years, but I had to give it up after 3 unsuccessful knee surgeries.
I started out in the fashion industry, working in both visual merchandising and operational capacities. I most recently worked for Saks Fifth Avenue, first as a visual stylist at the Greenwich and the New York City locations and then as the Store Merchandising Manager in Greenwich. After 8 years with Saks, I was ready to take on a new challenge—which led me to Winston Flowers. As the Store Manager of Greenwich, I look forward to motivating my team in order to drive the best results possible. It’s important for each team member to not only be productive, but also to feel supported and happy in his/her role.
- With Winston Flowers since: April 2007
- Favorite flower: Dark purple sweet pea from Italy
- What impacts your way of thinking? Making sure people feel valued and know their contributions are important to the company’s bigger picture.
- With Winston Flowers since: August 2003
- I always… Want my designs to be reflective of my client’s personality.
- Describe your design style: Bold, simple, and single variety.
- Favorite thing about Winston Flowers: Tackling a blank-slate project—I love working with residential clients who have brand new spaces and trust us to make them beautiful.
With over 14 years of experience working at Winston Flowers and a strong background in visual arts, I’ve held various positions at the company, allowing me to learn the ins and outs of different parts of the business. Now, in my current position as the creative director of garden design, I lead our department and oversee the design aesthetic of all of our installations. Our brand is my favorite part of the job, and I strive to make sure everything we produce is up to Winston Flowers standards. In terms of design, I believe an organic and fluid process is the base note of quality design. From idea origin to execution and long-term function, my aesthetic outcomes are kindled by an honest process and facilitated by an evolving vision for each space.
- With Winston Flowers since: May 2011
- Favorite flower: Gloriosa lily
- What impacts your way of thinking? I love a good story. I enjoy getting to know people and the stories that have shaped them.
Before coming to Winston Flowers, I was a high school English teacher for 24 years. It was an incredible career, especially while my own children were in school. Teaching AP English for several years was a dream job—every day I read and talked about great books with students who loved to read and talk about books. Still, the pace was pretty fast, and at some point, I thought, "I don't think I can grade another paper on Hamlet ... ever again." It was time to move on. Around that time, a friend from my book club suggested I consider working at Winston Flowers since she knew I loved flowers and gardening. What originally started as a Saturday job became a second career, for which I am very grateful. I love getting to know my clients, and as someone who has always appreciated design, I enjoy seeing how delighted these clients are with containers and plants designed and installed by Winston Flowers.
- With Winston Flowers since: March 2012
- Favorite plant: The right plant for the right place.
- What impacts your way of thinking? I'm a visual thinker, so seeing other forms of design inspires my own work.
I'm originally from Massachusetts, but I earned my undergraduate degree in art history at Kenyon College in Ohio. After spending some time working at Nature's Classroom and teaching an outdoor education program for elementary school students, I returned to Boston in 2012. I began working at Winston Flowers while simultaneously pursuing my master's degree in landscape architecture at Boston Architectural College. As a landscape designer, I aspire to create spaces that are not only simultaneously beautiful yet functional, but also spaces that exceed a client's expectations. When I'm not working, you'll usually find me scuba diving or hiking as I can't get enough of the outdoors!
- With Winston Flowers since: May 2010
- Favorite plant: Staghorn fern
- What impacts your way of thinking? Working alongside creative people inspires me to approach the design process in new and different ways.
I started working at Winston Flowers as a delivery associate after graduating from Holy Cross in 2010. I studied economics, music production, and Mandarin Chinese in college—so as you can imagine, I hadn’t planned on a career in the floral industry. However, after joining the Winston Flowers family, I quickly fell in love with the company and haven’t looked back. Over the last few years, I spent time honing my design skills at Winston Flowers & Garden in Chestnut Hill and eventually transitioned to a role on the garden design team. Now, as a garden designer, I bring the Winston Flowers signature design aesthetic and expertise to homes across New England. I thoroughly enjoy problem solving in creative and collaborative ways in order to live up to, and surpass, our clients’ expectations.
- With Winston Flowers since: June 2014
- Favorite flower: Sweet pea
- What impacts your way of thinking? I come up with my best ideas in the middle of the night and often email them to myself from my phone! They’re always entertaining to read in the morning.
A native Bostonian, I grew up admiring the gorgeous work of Winston Flowers across the city and beyond. Through years of experience in the events industry prior to joining Winston Flowers and after, I’ve come to appreciate and value the powerful role flowers play in transforming an event or celebration into something truly spectacular. In my current role within the Garden Design team, I assist in coordinating all operational details connecting sales, design, and installation to ultimately ensure clients have a seamless experience. I love that I have a hand in helping to create warm, inspiring, and energizing spaces for our clients’ home and work environments.
- With Winston Flowers since: January 2004
- What impacts your way of thinking? Constantly collaborating with creative, passionate, and energetic people inspires me to be my best self, as well as find the perfect candidates to complement this amazing team.
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Whenever I smell hyacinth it reminds me of walking through the door on my first day.
I grew up in upstate New York but moved to Boston in 1997 to try a change of pace and never left. After completing graduate school in an unrelated field, I applied to Macy’s for a seasonal retail sales position. Instead, I was offered a position in the HR department, where I was tasked with hiring the entire seasonal staff. Through that baptism by fire, I fell in love with the pace and dynamic atmosphere of HR. I spent a few years working in the temporary staffing industry before shifting to corporate recruiting at a handful of start-ups, and, finally, as an employee relations manager at State Street Global Advisors in Boston. Seeking to make a transition to an industry that held more personal interest for me, I joined Winston Flowers in January of 2004 and found exactly what I was looking for.
- With Winston Flowers since: October 2018
- Favorite Flower: Garden roses
- What impacts your way of thinking? Energy, excitement and pushing the limits. I love working on projects and with teams to inspire new ideas.
I have always been fascinated by people. From a young age, my inquisitive and curious nature informed my various interests—and once I discovered human resources as a profession, I knew it was the perfect fit for me. After completing my studies at the University of Buffalo, I spent time in store operations and HR in two exciting retail companies and enjoyed being a resource for employees and managers alike. At Winston Flowers, I love being surrounded by the incredible team and inspired creativity. I look forward to ensuring that every employee at Winston Flowers feels safe, comfortable, successful, and happy in their career!
- With Winston Flowers since: July 2016
- Favorite flower: Purple vanda orchids and vuvuzela garden roses
- What impacts your way of
thinking? Not everyone learns in the same way, so I think it’s
important to always have an open mind about the way you approach others while
My passion for working with people is what originally inspired me to pursue a career in social work. Then, halfway through my master’s program, I realized the hospitality industry was where I truly belonged. After spending some time providing exceptional customer service for some of Boston’s most highly regarded restaurants, I progressed into a training and service manager role which helped me discover my love for teaching others. My current role as training and development manager at Winston Flowers is the perfect blend of training, development, and hospitality—exactly what I had been looking for my entire career! My top priority is the success of the employees at Winston Flowers. This means I devote my time to helping others achieve their potential by working with other managers to discover new and interesting ways to keep employees motivated and successful—it’s an extremely rewarding position to be in!