Meet Our Team
Surrounded by beauty and creativity, our staff thrives in a dynamic culture that shares a passion for excellence. We employ some of the most talented individuals in the floral industry and beyond, hiring people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Watching our employees grow and become leaders in their field is something that gives us an immense sense of pride, and some of our employees have even been a part of our family for over 20 years.
- With Winston Flowers since: February 2004
- Favorite flower: I believe beauty can be found in both the flowers and foliage of most plants.
- What impacts your way of thinking? Anything and everything could be the stimulus for how we design, and it should be ever-changing.
Having grown up on a farm in the Midwest, I gained an appreciation for hard work and the beauty of nature. I left the farm for an education in fine arts, which led me to many collaborations, including work in the theater. My evolution into an event designer has made it possible for me to combine my interest in art with my love of nature and what it produces—like the textural materials that are the foundation of what we create for our clients’ events.
- With Winston Flowers since? January 2014
- Favorite flower: Orange clooney ranunculus
- What impacts your way of thinking? Cultural and environmental influences help my creativity flow.
I was born and raised in Brazil, surrounded by the farms and mountains of Poços de Calda—also known as the City of Roses. In 1999, I decided to move to New York to pursue a career in floral design at the New York Botanical Garden. This led me to open my own floral design and wedding planning company in Stamford, CT. After years of establishing my reputation in the hospitality industry in Fairfield County, I decided to sell my company and join the award-winning team at Winston Flowers in Greenwich, CT. The transition to Winston Flowers was seamless and allowed me to expand my clientele as well as gain new experiences. It wasn’t long until I was invited to join the special event team in Boston, and I’m happy to have allowed my passion for flowers and design to take me to new places.
- With Winston Flowers since? 2006-2008 & 2014-2016
- Favorite flower: All garden flowers with soft fragrance
- What impacts your way of thinking? Color, perfume, art music—everything is connected, you just have to stop and appreciate it.
I worked as a floral designer in my native France for many years, but had never before considered doing so in the United States. That is, until some unexpected events made me feel as though a change was necessary. Around this time, one of my employers contacted me and suggested I go to Boston. Before that, I had contemplated moving to Belgium or Holland, but not the States. I first came to the city in February of 2006—I still remember it like it was yesterday. I had left the South of France where it was 85 degrees and arrived to below freezing temperatures. I quickly forgot about the cold as soon as I left the airport, however. I was on the Tobin Bridge and thought the view, the light…what a beautiful city; it was breathtaking. The first day I walked into the Winston Flowers & Garden location for my interview was the day I fell in love with this company. The product, the flowers, the containers, the people—it was like a dream come true. Now, as Winston Flowers expands into New York City, I’m proud to oversee the Floral Design team as we head into this exciting new market. I feel lucky to be able to bring my passion and expertise to our New York team and to our clients in Manhattan.
- With Winston Flowers since: January 2012
- Favorite flower: Sweet pea
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Being a part of the destination events team. Some standout locations include Aspen, Jackson Hole, Washington D.C., and Nantucket.
Originally from Connecticut, I studied business at the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. While working for Salter Frieze Wedding & Special Events, as well as Boston Common Magazine, I learned the ins and outs of the event industry. Taking that valuable experience, I joined the Winston Flowers events team in January of 2012. I appreciate working for a company as forward thinking and innovative as Winston Flowers is in terms of event and floral design. Above all, I enjoy creating one-of-a-kind experiences for my clients, ensuring that each event is one to remember.
- Favorite flower: Soft blush peony
- Favorite season: Spring and Autumn—especially in New England
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: I love the holidays at our Design Studio when it transforms into a mix of winter wonderland and Santa’s workshop.
I earned my degree in hospitality and events management and have been working in this industry ever since. My career began at a lifestyle company that focused on event planning, interior design, and fashion styling. Some highlights include attending New York Fashion Week, styling pages of Northshore Magazine, and coordinating various New England weddings. I transitioned to a role on the events team at Winston Flowers in order to be closer to the city, as well as to work at a company where the ‘special services’ treatment is applied to each and every client—one of my very favorite things about Winston Flowers!
- With Winston Flowers since? October 2017
- Favorite flower: Sweet pea
- What impacts your way of thinking? Forward thinking. I am always trying to find a more efficient yet practical way of doing things.
- With Winston Flowers since? 2003
- Describe your floral style: Textural
- The most exciting part of my day at Winston Flowers is: The uncertainty of what a day may hold. In my position, there's always a new challenge or opportunity, and I enjoy coming in each day to find out what's in store.
For me, Winston Flowers is a family business in every sense. My mother was a manager at the Hingham shop, I met my wife when she was a floral designer here, my brother is a flower buyer, and my sister helps out during the busy holidays. I initially came to Winston Flowers to work part time in the delivery department while studying Business Management at the University of Massachusetts, Boston. Unexpectedly, what was supposed to be a summer job turned into a 15 year career. In 2005, I joined the Delivery & Dispatch team full time. A few years after that, I was approached to join the design team as a design operations coordinator, where I served as a liaison between the delivery and design departments. My next role as assistant design manager called for me to handle our complex operations for major holidays like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and winter holiday installations, until I was eventually promoted to manager of operations. Now, in my current position as director of operations, I oversee all aspects of our Boston design studio operations, special events, and garden design installations, ensuring every project is executed seamlessly and that the client is happy. I thrive on logistics, troubleshooting, and appreciate a good operational challenge. Most of all, I love watching my teams succeed, and I enjoy positioning people for growth and success within the company.
- With Winston Flowers since: July 2010
- Favorite flower: Ever-changing answer! At the moment, hellebore.
- What impacts your way of thinking? I think color is a very powerful tool. Unexpected and sophisticated color stories have the ability to elevate any design.
- With Winston Flowers since: October 2008
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus and fritillaria
- What impacts your way of thinking? That each day is a new opportunity to create an unforgettable experience for our clients and exceed their expectations.
I graduated from Suffolk University in 2007 with a degree in advertising. While working for a small advertising firm in Boston, I was inspired to make a career change after seeing the gorgeous flowers that were delivered to the office weekly. Upon arriving at the Winston Flowers Design Studio, I knew I had found the right place for me and began to carve out a career path from client services associate to client services operations manager, and eventually my current role as sales operations manager. In my present position, I feel as though I have found my niche and being able to collaborate with so many areas of the business is my favorite part of this role!
- With Winston Flowers since: September 2016
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus
- What impacts your way of thinking? I am extremely impacted by all the creative minds I get to work with at this company on a daily basis.
I have memories of planting orchids at our design studio from the time I was 12 years old. Before joining the Winston Flowers team in a more official capacity, I worked at a café owned by a James Beard Award winner as an intern. That internship eventually grew into a managerial position, and after working there for two years, I realized that I really enjoyed working with food. I was offered a position in our gourmet department, and I’ve been here ever since! I strive to create awareness of our gourmet offerings among our clients, who upon discovering this part of the company seem to love it! I really enjoy designing our gourmet collection and finding new and different ways to feature products each and every season.
- With Winston Flowers since? August 2019
- Favorite season: Spring, because I love flowering branches, but also summer because I love spending time outdoors.
- What impacts your way of thinking? Nature and the environment. I love the simple and effortless beauty of flowers, and I love the foliage and leaves as much as flowers.
I think flowers are in my genes. I grew up living above my family's flower shop in the south of France, and from an early age, my favorite thing to do was to spend time in the store. I still remember my first arrangement and how excited I was when a client bought it. About two decades ago, I moved to New York City and joined L'Olivier Floral Atelier as a floral designer. For the next 17 years, I managed the design studio and VIP accounts. Now, after many years a L'Olivier, I feel that joining Winston Flowers is the perfect new chapter in my career. I am proud to be managing the NYC design team. Above all, floral design is my passion. I wake up every morning excited about the flowers that are going to come in, and about the orders and projects that will challenge our creativity. Using my knowledge and creativity to provide for clients' most precious moments is so rewarding.
- With Winston Flowers since? 2010-2014 and 2017
- Favorite flower: Peonies
- What impacts your way of thinking? When the hours get long, I try to remember why we’ve been entrusted to begin with—the end result matters to someone and that is worth every bit of effort.
I studied Interior Design at the Mount Ida College School of Design. After fine-tuning my customer service skills in furniture retail, I joined the Winston Flowers team in 2010 as a client services associate. Over the next four years, I became a sales coordinator and then event coordinator for the company. I moved on from Winston Flowers to manage a high-end showroom for United Marble Fabricators at the Boston Design Center before taking on the unique opportunity to work as the assistant creative director of Max Ultimate Foods. In 2017, I was thrilled to return to Winston Flowers as the event operations manager, leading a team I already knew and loved. In my latest move, I have relocated to New York to manage our Long Island City Studio as operations manager. My goal is to lead a team that continuously upholds the acclaimed aesthetic and quality that is synonymous with Winston Flowers.
- With Winston Flowers since: 1996
- Favorite flower: Peonies and lily of the valley
- What impacts your way of thinking? I’m a visual person, so I often find inspiration from beautiful photography.
I began my career at Winston Flowers as an intern while studying at Northeastern University and immediately recognized it was an ideal fit. Early on, my time was spent in the client services department and as a marketing coordinator. As the company grew, I grew with it. I then worked on the human resources team for a few years until an opportunity to become an account executive surfaced in 2004. I loved traveling throughout the Greater Boston area, meeting with clients face-to-face and creating beautiful designs and spaces for them. Since then, I've held the titles of director of sales and director of business development, and most recently, I've transitioned to a senior account executive role to focus on what I enjoy most: sales. I'm thrilled to work on our clients' most important events and provide impeccable service. Most of all, I love helping people succeed and grow within the company, just like I did.
- With Winston Flowers since: April 2016
- Favorite flower: I won’t commit to one type. I love them all!
- What impacts your way of thinking? Taking risks and stepping outside your comfort zone in order to grow and live beyond your potential.
- With Winston Flowers since: August 1996
- What impacts your way of thinking? Mother Nature: Whatever I’m doing, I always find a way to incorporate something natural and beautiful.
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: My wedding day. Winston Flowers literally transformed my venue into a magical oasis of elegant flowers and glowing candlelight. My guests are still talking about it…
Service is my passion—and it’s something I’ve been refining every day since I began my career in the hospitality industry, as well as throughout my twenty-two years at Winston Flowers. During this time, I have led my concierge team to redefine full service and provide our clients with an array of world-class services, including personal shopping, custom floral design, and curated gourmet gifts. I specialize in creating one-of-a-kind client experiences that exceed expectations and turn the ordinary into extraordinary.
- With Winston Flowers since: November 1997
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus
- What impacts your way of thinking? Creating a positive environment to ensure any challenges or difficulties are met with an upbeat and hopeful attitude.
I love working with people and have held many positions at Winston Flowers over the years from card desk and client services to holiday installations and events—all of which I have enjoyed very much. These roles have helped me grow creatively and allowed me to become passionate about the exceptional service we provide. Most of all, I love playing a role in bringing a client’s vision to life and knowing they are thrilled with the end result.
- With Winston Flowers since: October 2001
- Favorite flower: Peonies and tulips
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment? When a family tells me that our flowers brought them some comfort after the loss of a loved one.
I've been a member of the Winston Flowers team since 2001, where I’ve spent most of my career as a member of our Special Services Team. I’ve had the pleasure of assisting our clients with expert product selection, as well as providing extraordinary service. I enjoy having the opportunity to develop relationships with our clients, getting to know their tastes in flowers, and exceeding their expectations in service and more.
- With Winston Flowers since: June 2013
- Favorite flower: Phalaenopsis and cymbidium orchids
- What impacts your way of thinking? I believe every experience has the ability to color your perspective. I try to learn from past experiences to create better ones with what I’ve learned.
My role here at Winston Flowers has been shaped by a rich background in theatre arts and years of experience working in client relations. When it comes to service, my philosophy is deeply rooted in creativity and personal connections, approaching every project with positivity and an enthusiasm for each client’s vision. Being around beautiful, fresh flowers every day keeps me inspired and working with clients to create something special is always a pleasure. I look forward to continuing to introduce our services and gorgeous designs to the NYC area.
- With Winston Flowers since? April 2015
- Favorite flower: Café au lait dahlia
- What impacts your way of thinking? I’m an eternal optimist who values collaboration. I also enjoy being surrounded by like-minded, creative thinkers who are open to growth and change.
After spending several years working for a high-end woman’s retailer, I moved to Boston from Tulsa, OK, just in time to experience one of the worst winters in the history of the city! I was ecstatic to land my dream job with Winston Flowers, managing the Federal Street shop in Downtown Boston, before eventually accepting the role of store manager at our flagship location in Chestnut Hill. During my time with the company, I’ve enjoyed working closely with our incredible retail sales team, as well as getting to know our fantastic clientele. Most of all, I’ve loved being continuously blown away by the design quality and endless creativity found in both our retail shops and design studios. In my current role, I’ve shifted my focus to leading our phenomenal client services team and am excited to build on the Winston Flowers legacy of delivering unparalleled service, exceptional product, and an unforgettable experience to each and every one of our clients.
- With Winston Flowers since: January 2014
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus, in every color
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Seeing and smelling the sea of flowers that take over the Design Studio during holidays like Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day. It’s magical.
My career began in New York City, where I worked in public relations, representing clients in various luxury industries. I worked with a number of notable brands including Maker’s Mark, The Macallan, Halekulani in Hawaii, The Lanesborough in London, and Red Door Spas. It was during this time that I developed a love for marketing and eventually stepped into a role at Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy as a brand manager for Veuve Clicquot champagne. I worked implementing national marketing programs, developing sales collateral, and played a key role in overseeing brand events, including the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic. After more than seven years in New York City, I moved to Boston and found my dream job at Winston Flowers. As the director of marketing, I work with an incredible team to manage the company’s website, email campaigns, social media, public relations, and strategic programs. Without a doubt, my favorite part of my job is naming the arrangements in each collection! I’m honored to market such a distinguished and innovative brand.
- With Winston Flowers since: August 2015
- Favorite flower: Peonies
- What impacts your way of thinking? The people I work with, who are always inspiring me with new thoughts and ideas.
After studying fashion merchandising and retail at Lasell College in Newton, MA, my career in management began with an exciting role at a high-end women’s clothing retailer. That’s where I discovered a love for customer service. The first time I walked into Winston Flowers, I was blown away by the incredible staff and beautiful merchandise, and I knew right away that I was meant to work here. I first joined Winston Flowers at the Federal Street store. As my second year with the company approached, I was offered the opportunity to relocate to Greenwich, CT, to lead the Greenwich team as store manager. Most recently, I returned to Massachusetts to manage our flagship store in Chestnut Hill. I love working closely with our clients, hearing their stories, and helping them select the perfect flowers and plants for their occasions. Every day spent managing our lively shop is a delight!
- With Winston Flowers since: April 2007
- Favorite flower: Dark purple sweet pea from Italy
- What impacts your way of thinking? Making sure people feel valued and know their contributions are important to the company’s bigger picture.
- With Winston Flowers since: March 2012
- Favorite plant: The right plant for the right place.
- What impacts your way of thinking? I'm a visual thinker, so seeing other forms of design inspires my own work.
I'm originally from Massachusetts, but I earned my undergraduate degree in art history at Kenyon College in Ohio. After spending some time working at Nature's Classroom and teaching an outdoor education program for elementary school students, I returned to Boston in 2012. I began working at Winston Flowers while simultaneously pursuing my master's degree in landscape architecture at Boston Architectural College. As a landscape designer, I aspire to create spaces that are not only simultaneously beautiful yet functional, but also spaces that exceed a client's expectations. When I'm not working, you'll usually find me scuba diving or hiking as I can't get enough of the outdoors!
- With Winston Flowers since: May 2010
- Favorite plant: Staghorn fern
- What impacts your way of thinking? Working alongside creative people inspires me to approach the design process in new and different ways.
I started working at Winston Flowers as a delivery associate after graduating from Holy Cross in 2010. I studied economics, music production, and Mandarin Chinese in college—so as you can imagine, I hadn’t planned on a career in the floral industry. However, after joining the Winston Flowers family, I quickly fell in love with the company and haven’t looked back. Over the last few years, I spent time honing my design skills at Winston Flowers & Garden in Chestnut Hill and eventually transitioned to a role on the garden design team. Now, as a garden designer, I bring the Winston Flowers signature design aesthetic and expertise to homes across New England. I thoroughly enjoy problem solving in creative and collaborative ways in order to live up to, and surpass, our clients’ expectations.
- With Winston Flowers since: June 2014
- Favorite flower: Sweet pea
- What impacts your way of thinking? I come up with my best ideas in the middle of the night and often email them to myself from my phone! They’re always entertaining to read in the morning.
A native Bostonian, I grew up admiring the gorgeous work of Winston Flowers across the city and beyond. Through years of experience in the events industry prior to joining Winston Flowers and after, I’ve come to appreciate and value the powerful role flowers play in transforming an event or celebration into something truly spectacular. In my current role within the Garden Design team, I assist in coordinating all operational details connecting sales, design, and installation to ultimately ensure clients have a seamless experience. I love that I have a hand in helping to create warm, inspiring, and energizing spaces for our clients’ home and work environments.
- With Winston Flowers since: May 2011
- Favorite flower: Gloriosa lily
- What impacts your way of thinking? I love a good story. I enjoy getting to know people and the stories that have shaped them.
Before coming to Winston Flowers, I was a high school English teacher for 24 years. It was an incredible career, especially while my own children were in school. Teaching AP English for several years was a dream job—every day I read and talked about great books with students who loved to read and talk about books. Still, the pace was pretty fast, and at some point, I thought, "I don't think I can grade another paper on Hamlet ... ever again." It was time to move on. Around that time, a friend from my book club suggested I consider working at Winston Flowers since she knew I loved flowers and gardening. What originally started as a Saturday job became a second career, for which I am very grateful. I love getting to know my clients, and as someone who has always appreciated design, I enjoy seeing how delighted these clients are with containers and plants designed and installed by Winston Flowers.
- With Winston Flowers since: January 2004
- What impacts your way of thinking? Constantly collaborating with creative, passionate, and energetic people inspires me to be my best self, as well as find the perfect candidates to complement this amazing team.
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Whenever I smell hyacinth it reminds me of walking through the door on my first day.
I grew up in upstate New York but moved to Boston in 1997 to try a change of pace and never left. After completing graduate school in an unrelated field, I applied to Macy’s for a seasonal retail sales position. Instead, I was offered a position in the HR department, where I was tasked with hiring the entire seasonal staff. Through that baptism by fire, I fell in love with the pace and dynamic atmosphere of HR. I spent a few years working in the temporary staffing industry before shifting to corporate recruiting at a handful of start-ups, and, finally, as an employee relations manager at State Street Global Advisors in Boston. Seeking to make a transition to an industry that held more personal interest for me, I joined Winston Flowers in January of 2004 and found exactly what I was looking for.
- With Winston Flowers since: October 2018
- Favorite Flower: Garden roses
- What impacts your way of thinking? Energy, excitement and pushing the limits. I love working on projects and with teams to inspire new ideas.
I have always been fascinated by people. From a young age, my inquisitive and curious nature informed my various interests—and once I discovered human resources as a profession, I knew it was the perfect fit for me. After completing my studies at the University of Buffalo, I spent time in store operations and HR in two exciting retail companies and enjoyed being a resource for employees and managers alike. At Winston Flowers, I love being surrounded by the incredible team and inspired creativity. I look forward to ensuring that every employee at Winston Flowers feels safe, comfortable, successful, and happy in their career!