Working at the Newbury Street shop after school and on summer breaks provided me with a hands-on education in all aspects of the flower business. From wholesale and operations to accounting and client relationships, my time spent at the shop proved to be an invaluable experience. It also presented me with many opportunities to observe my father’s knack for making people feel special. These observations served as early lessons in customer service and they are what continue to guide me to this day. Taking these time-honored tenets of service and integrating them with cutting-edge technology has helped Winston Flowers achieve a new level of excellence, as well as make it the company that it is today.
Meet Our Team
Surrounded by beauty and creativity, our staff thrives in a dynamic culture that shares a passion for excellence. We employ some of the most talented individuals in the floral industry and beyond, hiring people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Watching our employees grow and become leaders in their field is something that gives us an immense sense of pride, and some of our employees have even been a part of our family for over 20 years.
Having grown up immersed in the family business on Newbury Street, I learned to love flowers from an early age. I fondly recall the time I spent helping with deliveries, cutting flowers, and wiring pinecones while working in the shop after school. Some of my favorite memories involve buying trips with my father to local greenhouses or the Boston Flower Market, and today, I continue the tradition by personally visiting each of our growers from New England family farms to European exporters. I also regularly visit our retail shops, working closely with the design team on the presentation and styling of our shops and collections. Above all, I delight in finding unique products and new varieties to keep Winston Flowers on the cutting edge—always fresh and ever evolving while staying true to our founding values.
- With Winston Flowers since: February 2004
- Favorite flower: I believe beauty can be found in both the flowers and foliage of most plants.
- What impacts your way of thinking? Anything and everything could be the stimulus for how we design, and it should be ever-changing.
Having grown up on a farm in the Midwest, I gained an appreciation for hard work and the beauty of nature. I left the farm for an education in fine arts, which led me to many collaborations, including work in the theater. My evolution into an event designer has made it possible for me to combine my interest in art with my love of nature and what it produces—like the textural materials that are the foundation of what we create for our clients’ events.
- With Winston Flowers since: 2014
- Favorite flower: Cattleya orchid
- What impacts your way of thinking? My inspiration stems from nature and the evolution of the environment from one season to the next.
Growing up in the Metro Boston area, my affinity for plants and nature came at a young age; by the age of 7, I was in the garden from spring through fall. In my mid-teens, I found my way into a small flower shop and the rest is history. After beginning at Winston Flowers in 2014, I took a hiatus to work as the creative director for one of New England’s top destination event planning firms in 2017. Five years later, I came full circle back to Winston Flowers and now I work as the lead event designer in our NYC studio. My inspiration stems from my childhood spent outdoors and the transition from one season to the next. For my events, I strive to engage every sense—including some of the ones traditionally overlooked in party planning, such as smell and touch. I feel lucky to create art for a living.
- With Winston Flowers since? January 2014
- Favorite flower: Orange clooney ranunculus
- What impacts your way of thinking? Cultural and environmental influences help my creativity flow.
I was born and raised in Brazil, surrounded by the farms and mountains of Poços de Calda—also known as the City of Roses. In 1999, I decided to move to New York to pursue a career in floral design at the New York Botanical Garden. This led me to open my own floral design and wedding planning company in Stamford, CT. After years of establishing my reputation in the hospitality industry in Fairfield County, I decided to sell my company and join the award-winning team at Winston Flowers in Greenwich, CT. The transition to Winston Flowers was seamless and allowed me to expand my clientele as well as gain new experiences. It wasn’t long until I was invited to join the special event team in Boston, and I’m happy to have allowed my passion for flowers and design to take me to new places.
- Favorite flower: Soft blush peony
- Favorite season: Spring and Autumn—especially in New England
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: I love the holidays at our Design Studio when it transforms into a mix of winter wonderland and Santa’s workshop.
I earned my degree in hospitality and events management and have been working in this industry ever since. My career began at a lifestyle company that focused on event planning, interior design, and fashion styling. Some highlights include attending New York Fashion Week, styling pages of Northshore Magazine, and coordinating various New England weddings. I transitioned to a role on the events team at Winston Flowers in order to be closer to the city, as well as to work at a company where the ‘special services’ treatment is applied to each and every client—one of my very favorite things about Winston Flowers!
- With Winston Flowers since: October 2020
- Favorite flower: Juliet garden rose
- Favorite season: Summer—the life and energy in the air is unmatched!
After earning my degree in hospitality and event management, I began my career at Marriott as an event manager. I fell in love with planning weddings, and specifically found my passion in the smaller details and design of each wedding—everything from the flatware to the florals. I joined Winston Flowers to dive into a different aspect of the industry. I started in client services and now I have made my way back to events! Watching a client’s vision come to life never gets old.
- With Winston Flowers since? 2003
- Describe your floral style: Textural
- The most exciting part of my day at Winston Flowers is: The uncertainty of what a day may hold. In my position, there's always a new challenge or opportunity, and I enjoy coming in each day to find out what's in store.
For me, Winston Flowers is a family business in every sense. My mother was a manager at the Hingham shop, I met my wife when she was a floral designer here, my brother is a flower buyer, and my sister helps out during the busy holidays. I initially came to Winston Flowers to work part time in the delivery department while studying Business Management at the University of Massachusetts, Boston. Unexpectedly, what was supposed to be a summer job turned into a 15 year career. In 2005, I joined the Delivery & Dispatch team full time. A few years after that, I was approached to join the design team as a design operations coordinator, where I served as a liaison between the delivery and design departments. My next role as assistant design manager called for me to handle our complex operations for major holidays like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and winter holiday installations, until I was eventually promoted to manager of operations. Now, in my current position as director of operations, I oversee all aspects of our Boston design studio operations, special events, and garden design installations, ensuring every project is executed seamlessly and that the client is happy. I thrive on logistics, troubleshooting, and appreciate a good operational challenge. Most of all, I love watching my teams succeed, and I enjoy positioning people for growth and success within the company.
- With Winston Flowers since: January 2012
- Favorite flower: Sweet pea
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Being a part of the destination events team. Some standout locations include Aspen, Jackson Hole, Washington D.C., and Nantucket.
Originally from Connecticut, I studied business at the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. While working for Salter Frieze Wedding & Special Events, as well as Boston Common Magazine, I learned the ins and outs of the event industry. Taking that valuable experience, I joined the Winston Flowers events team in January of 2012. I appreciate working for a company as forward thinking and innovative as Winston Flowers is in terms of event and floral design. Above all, I enjoy creating one-of-a-kind experiences for my clients, ensuring that each event is one to remember.
- With Winston Flowers since: July 2010
- Favorite flower: Ever-changing answer! At the moment, hellebore.
- What impacts your way of thinking? I think color is a very powerful tool. Unexpected and sophisticated color stories have the ability to elevate any design.
I have always had a passion for art and design—I studied the practice of printmaking at the Massachusetts College of Art. While in school, I introduced myself to the floral industry by working for small florists in the Back Bay area of Boston, and it was then that I began to develop a passion for flowers. I was delighted to join the Winston Flowers family as a design sales associate shortly after graduation. I honed my customer service and design skills and was eventually promoted first to a managerial position and then to design manager of retail. Most recently, I have moved into the position of lead brand & product designer. My role is to oversee the ever-changing website floral collection (we rotate collections 9x per year!) and work with the marketing team on related initiatives. It is wonderful to have a career at a great company and also have the opportunity to be creative every day.
- With Winston Flowers since: October 2008
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus and fritillaria
- What impacts your way of thinking? That each day is a new opportunity to create an unforgettable experience for our clients and exceed their expectations.
I graduated from Suffolk University in 2007 with a degree in advertising. While working for a small advertising firm in Boston, I was inspired to make a career change after seeing the gorgeous flowers that were delivered to the office weekly. Upon arriving at the Winston Flowers Design Studio, I knew I had found the right place for me and began to carve out a career path from client services associate to client services operations manager, and eventually my current role as sales operations manager. In my present position, I feel as though I have found my niche and being able to collaborate with so many areas of the business is my favorite part of this role!
- With Winston Flowers since: September 2016
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus
- What impacts your way of thinking? I am extremely impacted by all the creative minds I get to work with at this company on a daily basis.
I have memories of planting orchids at our design studio from the time I was 12 years old. Before joining the Winston Flowers team in a more official capacity, I worked at a café owned by a James Beard Award winner as an intern. That internship eventually grew into a managerial position, and after working there for two years, I realized that I really enjoyed working with food. I was offered a position in our gourmet department, and I’ve been here ever since! I strive to create awareness of our gourmet offerings among our clients, who upon discovering this part of the company seem to love it! I really enjoy designing our gourmet collection and finding new and different ways to feature products each and every season.
- With Winston Flowers since? August 2019
- Favorite season: Spring, because I love flowering branches, but also summer because I love spending time outdoors.
- What impacts your way of thinking? Nature and the environment. I love the simple and effortless beauty of flowers, and I love the foliage and leaves as much as flowers.
I think flowers are in my genes. I grew up living above my family's flower shop in the south of France, and from an early age, my favorite thing to do was to spend time in the store. I still remember my first arrangement and how excited I was when a client bought it. About two decades ago, I moved to New York City and joined L'Olivier Floral Atelier as a floral designer. For the next 17 years, I managed the design studio and VIP accounts. Now, after many years a L'Olivier, I feel that joining Winston Flowers is the perfect new chapter in my career. I am proud to be managing the NYC design team. Above all, floral design is my passion. I wake up every morning excited about the flowers that are going to come in, and about the orders and projects that will challenge our creativity. Using my knowledge and creativity to provide for clients' most precious moments is so rewarding.
- With Winston Flowers since: April 2016
- Favorite flower: I won’t commit to one type. I love them all!
- What impacts your way of thinking? Taking risks and stepping outside your comfort zone in order to grow and live beyond your potential.
My love for hospitality and nature can be traced to a young age. I have fond memories of waiting on customers and taking care of the plants at the amusement park my family owned and operated. Fast-forward to chasing my dreams on the West Coast, I was able to work in and manage some of the most sought after luxury entertainment venues in the country. After returning to the East Coast, I worked as the director of marketing and sales at a floral company in Maine—it wasn’t long until I set my sights on Winston Flowers. I joined the company in 2016, where I began my journey with a role on the design team. Soon after, I combined my knowledge of design with my passion for luxury hospitality into a role on the Sales team, where I nurtured existing and future client relationships. Now, as senior sales manager, I’m excited to help clients create natural beauty in their environment, all while providing perfectly executed, top-tier service.
- With Winston Flowers since: August 1996
- What impacts your way of thinking? Mother Nature: Whatever I’m doing, I always find a way to incorporate something natural and beautiful.
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: My wedding day. Winston Flowers literally transformed my venue into a magical oasis of elegant flowers and glowing candlelight. My guests are still talking about it…
Service is my passion—and it’s something I’ve been refining every day since I began my career in the hospitality industry, as well as throughout my twenty-five years at Winston Flowers. During this time, I have led my concierge team to redefine full service and provide our clients with an array of world-class services, including personal shopping, custom floral design, and curated gourmet gifts. I specialize in creating one-of-a-kind client experiences that exceed expectations and turn the ordinary into extraordinary.
- With Winston Flowers since: November 1997
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus
- What impacts your way of thinking? Creating a positive environment to ensure any challenges or difficulties are met with an upbeat and hopeful attitude.
I love working with people and have held many positions at Winston Flowers over the years from card desk and client services to holiday installations and events—all of which I have enjoyed very much. These roles have helped me grow creatively and allowed me to become passionate about the exceptional service we provide. Most of all, I love playing a role in bringing a client’s vision to life and knowing they are thrilled with the end result.
- With Winston Flowers since: October 2001
- Favorite flower: Peonies and tulips
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment? When a family tells me that our flowers brought them some comfort after the loss of a loved one.
I've been a member of the Winston Flowers team since 2001, where I’ve spent most of my career as a member of our Special Services Team. I’ve had the pleasure of assisting our clients with expert product selection, as well as providing extraordinary service. I enjoy having the opportunity to develop relationships with our clients, getting to know their tastes in flowers, and exceeding their expectations in service and more.
- With Winston Flowers since: June 2013
- Favorite flower: Phalaenopsis and cymbidium orchids
- What impacts your way of thinking? I believe every experience has the ability to color your perspective. I try to learn from past experiences to create better ones with what I’ve learned.
My role here at Winston Flowers has been shaped by a rich background in theatre arts and years of experience working in client relations. When it comes to service, my philosophy is deeply rooted in creativity and personal connections, approaching every project with positivity and an enthusiasm for each client’s vision. Being around beautiful, fresh flowers every day keeps me inspired and working with clients to create something special is always a pleasure. I look forward to continuing to introduce our services and gorgeous designs to the NYC area.
- With Winston Flowers since: January 2014
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus, in every color
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Seeing and smelling the sea of flowers that take over the Design Studio during holidays like Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day. It’s magical.
My career began in New York City, where I worked in public relations, representing clients in various luxury industries. I worked with a number of notable brands including Maker’s Mark, The Macallan, Halekulani in Hawaii, The Lanesborough in London, and Red Door Spas. It was during this time that I developed a love for marketing and eventually stepped into a role at Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy as a brand manager for Veuve Clicquot champagne. I worked implementing national marketing programs, developing sales collateral, and played a key role in overseeing brand events, including the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic. After more than seven years in New York City, I moved to Boston and found my dream job at Winston Flowers. As the director of marketing, I work with an incredible team to manage the company’s website, email campaigns, social media, public relations, and strategic programs. Without a doubt, my favorite part of my job is naming the arrangements in each collection! I’m honored to market such a distinguished and innovative brand.
- With Winston Flowers since: November 2015
- Favorite flower: Ranunculus & lilac
- What impacts your way of thinking? I’m always looking for patterns that can be used to improve our client experience and lead to insights that help Winston Flowers continue to be an industry leader.
I have always had an interest in travel and genuine human connections, which lead me to pursuing a degree in Hospitality & Tourism Management at the University of Massachusetts–Amherst. Upon graduation, I joined a boutique hotel company and worked with them for seven years in various departments and properties. I fell in love with the operations side of the hospitality industry, solving problems for staff and guests alike.
Eventually I was ready for a change of pace and jumped at the opportunity to bring my customer service and operations background to a new, yet aligned, industry. Winston Flowers fit the bill 100% and I started in the client services department before moving into an operations-based position. Recently, I have begun working with our marketing department. In my current role, I look for insights from our website and client-reported experiences to improve communication with our loyal clients, better enhance our business decisions, identify areas for growth, and improve our day-to-day operations. I love that this role is one where I am constantly learning and involved in the growth and improvement of such a well-loved company.
- With Winston Flowers since: April 2007
- Favorite flower: Dark purple sweet pea from Italy
- What impacts your way of thinking? Making sure people feel valued and know their contributions are important to the company’s bigger picture.
As the director of operations, I have the pleasure of overseeing both our retail locations and our Garden Design teams. Managing our shops means that every day brings a new and exciting opportunity to lift a mood, incite a memory, or bring a smile to someone’s face—all while working closely with our store managers to ensure each client is walking away happy. In overseeing all operations and sales for Garden Design, I work with team members to create a seamless client experience and an outstanding finished product. I share the Winston Flowers passion for offering the finest product available and bring that dedication to the buying process for all plants across the company. In both aspects of my role, I take pride in presenting exceptional products in new and creative ways to ensure the client experience is truly memorable.
- With Winston Flowers since: June 2015
- Favorite flower: Dahlia
- What impacts your way of thinking? I am an equal split between left brain and right brain. I am constantly pulling inspiration from my creative side to build beautiful spaces and my more analytical side when it comes to shop-ability, ordering, and neatness.
I grew up in Boston, where Winston Flowers was a household name. In college, I studied graphic design but soon realized that I preferred making personal connections with clients at my part-time retail job to sitting in front of a computer all day. So one day when I walked into the Newbury Street store and saw that they were hiring, I applied! I knew it would be the perfect way to combine my love of working with people with channeling my creativity and getting my hands dirty. As visual manager, I collaborate with many different departments and colleagues to create the ‘Winston look’ in our shops. The goal is to showcase our containers, plants, and flowers together seamlessly so that clients walk in and say, “Wow, that’s beautiful.” I put in the hard work to make that happen, and putting all the puzzle pieces together is my favorite part.
- With Winston Flowers since: July 2020
- Favorite flower: ‘Hanoi’ ranunculus
- What impacts your way of thinking? My environment. I like being surrounded by creative, positive people. I love all of the creativity and the beauty that my day involves.
I have been in retail my entire career and previously owned a flower shop. I left a big box retailer to find my niche and, luckily, Winston Flowers was hiring! As store manager, I support my team at Winston Flowers & Garden to be successful. I love the opportunity to train each team member and develop their individual skills. Ultimately, my goal is to ensure that we are creating a wonderful experience for our clientele.
- With Winston Flowers since: June 2021
- Favorite season: Fall. I love everything cozy. If you give me a hot tea, a cozy sweater, and a fall-scented candle, I’m in heaven.
- Favorite flower: Red rose. (I’m a hopeless romantic.)
I’m from the Midwest, so I’ve always loved nature and spending time outside. I was always outdoors creating things as a child, so I knew I needed to be in a creative field. In 2009, I moved to Boston and absolutely loved it. I worked as a manager at several luxury retailers on Newbury Street, which gave me the chance to hone my operational and management skills. I loved getting know my clients, managing my team, and creating an environment that both customers and employees love to come into. Walking to work, I would always pass by Winston Flowers and adore the store and the displays—so when I saw the store manager opening, I jumped at the opportunity. My main goal at Winston Flowers is to help my incredible team reach their full potential. I also want every customer to have an amazing experience. I want them to feel comfortable and excited about our products, and maybe even learn a thing or two while they’re here.
- With Winston Flowers since: April 2021
- Favorite flower: All types of roses!
- What impacts your way of thinking? I love to create a goal each day and challenge myself to exceed it.
I began my career in the hospitality industry at several different luxury hotels and in many different managerial roles. My fiancé used to work at Winston Flowers in Greenwich and always said that it was his favorite place to work. After we moved back to Boston, he suggested that I apply, so I took his advice—and I am so happy I did! I spent a year managing the Newbury Street shop, and am now delighted to be back in Greenwich as store manager. I love creating a client connection. There is always an occasion for buying flowers and plants and I love speaking to the client and learning why they chose to come in. It helps me understand what would be the best option for them, what they would enjoy the most, and to create personalized options for their occasions. I love to have a client leave happy!
- With Winston Flowers since: March 2012
- Favorite plant: The right plant for the right place.
- What impacts your way of thinking? I'm a visual thinker, so seeing other forms of design inspires my own work.
I'm originally from Massachusetts, but I earned my undergraduate degree in art history at Kenyon College in Ohio. After spending some time working at Nature's Classroom and teaching an outdoor education program for elementary school students, I returned to Boston in 2012. I began working at Winston Flowers while simultaneously pursuing my master's degree in landscape architecture at Boston Architectural College. As a landscape designer, I aspire to create spaces that are not only simultaneously beautiful yet functional, but also spaces that exceed a client's expectations. When I'm not working, you'll usually find me scuba diving or hiking as I can't get enough of the outdoors!
- With Winston Flowers since: May 2010
- Favorite plant: Staghorn fern
- What impacts your way of thinking? Working alongside creative people inspires me to approach the design process in new and different ways.
I started working at Winston Flowers as a delivery associate after graduating from Holy Cross in 2010. I studied economics, music production, and Mandarin Chinese in college—so as you can imagine, I hadn’t planned on a career in the floral industry. However, after joining the Winston Flowers family, I quickly fell in love with the company and haven’t looked back. Over the last few years, I spent time honing my design skills at Winston Flowers & Garden in Chestnut Hill and eventually transitioned to a role on the garden design team. Now, as a garden designer, I bring the Winston Flowers signature design aesthetic and expertise to homes across New England. I thoroughly enjoy problem solving in creative and collaborative ways in order to live up to, and surpass, our clients’ expectations.
- With Winston Flowers since: January 2004
- What impacts your way of thinking? Constantly collaborating with creative, passionate, and energetic people inspires me to be my best self, as well as find the perfect candidates to complement this amazing team.
- Favorite Winston Flowers moment: Whenever I smell hyacinth it reminds me of walking through the door on my first day.
I grew up in upstate New York but moved to Boston in 1997 to try a change of pace and never left. After completing graduate school in an unrelated field, I applied to Macy’s for a seasonal retail sales position. Instead, I was offered a position in the HR department, where I was tasked with hiring the entire seasonal staff. Through that baptism by fire, I fell in love with the pace and dynamic atmosphere of HR. I spent a few years working in the temporary staffing industry before shifting to corporate recruiting at a handful of start-ups, and, finally, as an employee relations manager at State Street Global Advisors in Boston. Seeking to make a transition to an industry that held more personal interest for me, I joined Winston Flowers in January of 2004 and found exactly what I was looking for.
- With Winston Flowers since: October 2018
- Favorite Flower: Garden roses
- What impacts your way of thinking? Energy, excitement and pushing the limits. I love working on projects and with teams to inspire new ideas.
I have always been fascinated by people. From a young age, my inquisitive and curious nature informed my various interests—and once I discovered human resources as a profession, I knew it was the perfect fit for me. After completing my studies at the University of Buffalo, I spent time in store operations and HR in two exciting retail companies and enjoyed being a resource for employees and managers alike. At Winston Flowers, I love being surrounded by the incredible team and inspired creativity. I look forward to ensuring that every employee at Winston Flowers feels safe, comfortable, successful, and happy in their career!