Work With Us
Grow the Winston way
Floral Designer — Full-Time; Long Island City, New York
This position reports to the General Manager.
For over 75 years, the dedicated team at Winston Flowers has been committed to fostering excellence in everything we do. Today, our family-owned company has a worldwide online presence, two state-of-the-art design studios—60,000 square feet in Boston and 12,000 square feet in New York City—and retail shops throughout the Greater Boston area and in Greenwich, Connecticut. Each and every person on our team works in pursuit of a singular goal: to take care of our clients’ precious moments as if they were our own.
- Consistently create floral designs incorporating innovative use of colors, floral materials, vessels and accent materials, while meeting established criteria for Winston Flowers design styles and cost of goods
- Develop a working understanding of the basic Winston styles of design and accurately create gift and specialty floral designs based on established standards and aesthetics
- Successfully interpret client preferences on custom design orders, as well as participate in event production design as needed
- Apply proper flower fundamental handling techniques, while consistently meeting required standards of production and cost of goods
- Participate in client site visits as needed
- 3+ years hands-on custom floral design experience in a high volume luxury floral shop or design studio is required
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Flexible schedule required, including weekend availability
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k) and pre-tax health savings account with company match, and a generous employee discount.
Fill out our online application below.