Work With Us
Grow the Winston way
Event Floral Designer – Full-Time; Long Island City
This position reports to the Director of Operations.
For over 75 years, the dedicated team at Winston Flowers has been committed to fostering excellence in everything we do. Today, our family-owned company has a worldwide online presence, two state-of-the-art design studios—60,000 square feet in Boston and 12,000 square feet in New York City—and retail shops throughout the Greater Boston area and in Greenwich, Connecticut. Each and every person on our team works in pursuit of a singular goal: to take care of our clients’ precious moments as if they were our own.
In addition, Winston Flowers is a well-established local and destination events brand. As we continue to grow within the New York market, we are seeking a seasoned events designer with an affinity for sales and client relationship building. The ideal candidate has a strong local network industry professionals and clients that can support and develop our New York events business.
Sales & Networking
- In partnership with Sales team, oversee and manage a networking and engagement strategy for event sales and oversee the management of that strategy within the New York market
- Identify, establish and maintain positive relationships with industry leaders and partners to ensure ongoing referrals and continuing opportunities
- In collaboration with Sales & Event Coordinator, maintain timely proposal development and correspondence during sales process with client and vendors; responsible for follow-up client communication to ensure 100% satisfaction
- Conceptualize and execute high end event design projects incorporating innovative use of colors, floral and textural materials and vessels, while meeting established criteria for Winston Flowers aesthetic and cost of goods
- Lead and participate in the execution and setup of installations and events
- Partner with leadership to implement event best practices in support of larger company strategies
- Significant hands-on event design experience, coupled with client relationship management experience in a high-volume studio or retail environment is required
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to achieve established goals and deliver on high expectations with exceptional follow-through skills; utilizes a consultative approach to build rapport and present key selling points while focusing on client needs
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities simultaneously and resolve issues independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required
- Full-time position, with flexible work schedule required, including weekend availability; peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
- Occasional overnight travel to Boston Design Studio and destination events as business needs require
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k) and pre-tax health savings account—both with company match—and a generous employee discount.
Fill out our online application below.