Work With Us
Grow the Winston way
Landscaping/Garden Design Associate - Full-Time Seasonal; Newton
This position reports to the Garden Design Operations Manager.
For three generations, Winston Flowers has been the premier boutique florist and garden retailer in the Boston area. From the beginning, our mission has been to beautify and enliven both the indoor and outdoor environments where we live, work, and relax.
As part of this mission, Winston Flowers offers garden design and installation services to our residential and commercial customer base. We are seeking creative and motivated individuals to provide the technical expertise to successfully execute plantings and garden maintenance on-site. This is a full-time Seasonal position; seasonal status will be reassessed in December 2021, with the potential of a full-time year round offer for interested candidates.
- Complete any of the following gardening activities either on-property or at client site on a daily basis: annual, perennial, shrub and tree planting, weeding, mulching, deadheading, bed-edging, watering, soil amending, spring & fall raking and cleanups, aesthetic and horticultural pruning
- Loading and unloading of trucks with heavy plant materials, tools and supplies
- Provide excellent service and resolve customers questions and concerns in The Winston Way as needed
- Meet daily standards in all operations, including care of plant materials, supplies, personal presentation and company vehicles
- Must be flexible to perform other responsibilities as business needs require during Garden Design down times
- Basic experience in installation of specialty landscaping, garden maintenance, and container plantings is highly desirable
- Knowledge of annuals, perennials, plant materials, design and horticulture is highly desirable but not necessary. Interest in plant materials and gardening is critical.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively with high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Valid driver’s license required, with a clean driving record
- Flexible work schedule required including weekend availability; candidates must be able to work outside under all weather conditions
- Ability to lift and move product weighing up to 50 pounds
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
- $20-30/hour rate will be determined by previous experience
- Seasonal status of the position will be reassessed June 2021, with the possibility of future full-time, year-round offer for interested candidates
Fill out our online application below.