Work With Us
Grow the Winston way
Garden Design Manager – Full-Time; Winston Flowers & Garden, Newton
This position reports to the Director of Operations.
For over 75 years, the dedicated team at Winston Flowers has been committed to fostering excellence in everything we do. Today, our family-owned company has a worldwide online presence, two state-of-the-art design studios—60,000 square feet in Boston and 12,000 square feet in New York City—and retail shops throughout the Greater Boston area and in Greenwich, Connecticut. Each and every person on our team works in pursuit of a singular goal: to take care of our clients’ precious moments as if they were our own.
- Responsible for all aspects of management and operations for Garden Design installation and design teams
- Lead, motivate, and develop a diverse team by mentorship and personal example; create and promote a productive and cohesive work environment that promotes an exemplary client experience
- Accountable for attaining sales and profitability goals, as well as continuous evaluation of business operations and best practices
- Mentor Garden Design Administrator to manage smooth execution of Garden Design projects, coordinating all logistics and staff scheduling for plantings, installations and maintenance
- Collaborate with Garden Design team on ongoing development of best practices to support future growth of the department
- As needed, assist clients with garden design product selection while providing outstanding service and contributing to sales volume growth, resolving questions and concerns in The Winston Way; perform keyholder responsibilities in retail shop as needed
- Participate in other company activities and special projects as needed as business needs require, and during Garden Design off-seasons
- Prior staff and client management experience in luxury brand retail, horticultural, fine dining or hospitality environment is required
- Demonstrated experience driving business and building teams, with a proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs
- Proven track record of strong organization and workflow management skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- High level of enthusiasm and self-motivation, combined with strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Flexible work schedule required including weekend and holiday availability; peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
- Valid Driver’s License free of major violations
- Ability to lift and move product weighing up to 30 pounds
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill out our online application below.