Work With Us
Grow the Winston way
Warehouse Manager — Full-Time; Boston
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer
For over 75 years, the dedicated team at Winston Flowers has been committed to fostering excellence in everything we do. Today, our family-owned company has a worldwide online presence, two state-of-the-art design studios—60,000 square feet in Boston and 12,000 square feet in New York City—and retail shops throughout the Greater Boston area and in Greenwich, Connecticut. Each and every person on our team works in pursuit of a singular goal: to take care of our clients’ precious moments as if they were our own.
- Lead and participate in all warehouse and inventory activities, managing the productivity of warehouse team on a daily basis, including mentoring, setting priorities and ensuring adherence to Winston Flowers standards
- Responsible for maintaining daily standards in all operations, including materials, supplies, team performance and safe handling of hard goods inventory; identifying warehouse system improvements and partnering with Inventory Operations Manager on development of best practices
- Maintains inventory by conducting weekly, quarterly and ad-hoc physical counts; reconciling variances
- Coordinate inventory moves to and from warehouse and inventory transfers between departments, including appropriate associated paperwork
- Oversee truck loading operations to ensure all safe handling procedures are followed
- Lead the team by example in all processes and functions of the department, ensuring company standards are consistently upheld by self and staff
- Provide excellent service to internal team questions and requests
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space, adhering to storage design principles
- Assists with holiday and special projects as business needs require
- 3+ years of hands-on and progressively responsible warehouse experience is helpful, including pulling orders, packing/shipping/receiving experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is required; previous experience with Great Plains inventory system is helpful
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, combined with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and varying priorities simultaneously
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Flexible work schedule required; core schedule will generally be Tuesday through Saturday
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k) and pre-tax health savings account with company matches, free on-site parking, and a generous employee discount.
Fill out our online application below.