Work With Us
Grow the Winston way
Sales Manager, Garden Design — Full-Time; Chestnut Hill
This position reports to the Director of Operations.
For over 75 years, the dedicated team at Winston Flowers has been committed to fostering excellence in everything we do. Today, our family-owned company has a worldwide online presence, two state-of-the-art design studios—60,000 square feet in Boston and 12,000 square feet in New York City—and retail shops throughout the Greater Boston area and in Greenwich, Connecticut. Each and every person on our team works in pursuit of a singular goal: to take care of our clients’ precious moments as if they were our own.
- Maintain existing client relationships and contribute to sales growth through timely response to new inquiries and recognize full relationship potential with each interaction
- Effectively uphold the standards of Winston Flowers by providing exemplary service while proactively addressing client needs
- Develop knowledge base of all Winston Flowers plants and containers to assess selection of best choices for clients’ space and preferences
- Create client proposals and manage all aspects of the sales cycle from consultation to execution, following up with the client to ensure 100% satisfaction
- Collaborate with Garden Designers on client consultations, installations and other special projects as business needs require
- Flexibility to participate in sales efforts of Winston Flowers and Garden retail location, including sales, mentorship of the sales team and key-holder responsibilities
- Previous sales and client relationship management experience is required; experience within horticultural, floral or perishable industry is desired
- Proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs by utilizing a consultative approach, with demonstrated ability to achieve established goals and deliver on high expectations
- Exceptional time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities simultaneously and resolve issues independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required, with ability to adapt to industry specific software
- Full-time position, with flexible work schedule required; weekend availability required
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k), pre-tax health savings account with company match, and a generous employee discount.
Fill out our online application below.