Work With Us
Grow the Winston way
Floral Designer — Full-Time; Boston
This position reports to the Director of Operations.
For three generations, Winston Flowers has been the premier boutique florist and garden retailer in the Boston. Today, our company has a worldwide online presence, two state-of-the-art design studios—60,000 square feet in Boston and 12,000 square feet in New York—and retail shops throughout the Greater Boston area and Greenwich, Connecticut, including a two-acre garden center in Chestnut Hill. From the beginning and still today, our mission has been to beautify and enliven both the indoor and outdoor environments where we live, work, and relax.
- Consistently create floral designs incorporating effective and innovative use of colors, floral materials, vessels and accent materials, while meeting established criteria for Winston Flowers design styles and cost of goods in a Studio environment
- Day to day responsibilities will be dependent on business needs including, but not limited to event design and installation, as well as participating in corporate, residential, gift and custom design and installation
- Develop a working understanding of the basic Winston Styles of design and accurately create gift line designs based on established standards
- Apply proper flower handling fundamental techniques
- Meet and consistently maintain required standards of production
- Successfully interpret clients’ wishes on custom design orders
- Possible client contact and sales responsibility as business needs require
- 3+ years of custom floral design experience in a high-end, high volume floral shop or design studio is required
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Valid driver’s license free of violations is required
- Flexible schedule required, including regular weekend availability
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid time off, medical and dental insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k), pre-tax reimbursement account and a generous employee discount.
Fill out our online application below.