Work With Us
Grow the Winston way
Event Production Designer, Freelance — Full-Time; Boston
This position reports to the Event Design Manager.
For three generations, Winston Flowers has been the premier boutique florist and garden retailer in the Boston. Today, our company has a worldwide online presence, two state-of-the-art design studios—60,000 square feet in Boston and 12,000 square feet in New York—and retail shops throughout the Greater Boston area and Greenwich, Connecticut, including a two-acre garden center in Chestnut Hill. From the beginning and still today, our mission has been to beautify and enliven both the indoor and outdoor environments where we live, work, and relax.
- In support of the Event Design team, consistently create floral designs incorporating effective and innovative use of colors, floral materials, vessels and accent materials, while meeting established criteria for Winston Flowers design styles and cost of goods
- Day to day responsibilities will be dependent on business needs including, but not limited to event design and installation, as well as participating in corporate, residential and custom design and installation
- Apply proper flower handling fundamental techniques, and develop a working understanding of the basic Winston Styles of design and accurately create floral designs based on established standards
- Organize hard goods and fresh product for production and installation, communicating quality and quantity issues with Designers and Buying team as needed
- Participate in on-site event installations at venues
- 3+ years hands-on custom floral design or event installation experience is required
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Flexible work schedule, including weekends
- Regional travel may be required at times for destination events
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Fill out our online application below.