Work With Us
Grow the Winston way
Event Designer – Full-Time; Boston, MA
This position reports to the Director of Operations.
For over 75 years, the dedicated team at Winston Flowers has been committed to fostering excellence in everything we do. Today, our family-owned company has a worldwide online presence, two state-of-the-art design studios—60,000 square feet in Boston and 12,000 square feet in New York City—and retail shops throughout the Greater Boston area and in Greenwich, Connecticut. Each and every person on our team works in pursuit of a singular goal: to take care of our clients’ precious moments as if they were our own.
- Effectively upholds the service standards of Winston Flowers, driving sales by using a consultative approach to create customized design concepts and product presentations for wedding, corporate and social event clients
- Work cooperatively with Event Sales & Operations teams to compose clear and concise client proposals, communicate updates, proposal revisions and other pertinent information to ensure seamless service to client and 100% satisfaction
- Conceptualize and execute all design projects incorporating innovative use of colors, floral materials, vessels and accent materials, while meeting established criteria for Winston Flowers aesthetic
- Collaborate with event production team to prepare hard goods and floral product needs via timely submittal to Buying and Inventory teams for sourcing; responsible for maintaining company standards in cost of goods
- Coordinate efforts of the production design and delivery support team to uphold Winston Flowers design and service standards at event setups, leading by example in all processes and functions of the Events department to maximize team performance
- Leads and participates in the execution and setup of installations and events
- Previous significant hands-on floral and event design experience is required
- Proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs by utilizing a consultative approach to build rapport and present key selling points while focusing on the client’s needs
- Demonstrated ability to achieve established goals and deliver on high expectations, with exceptional follow-through and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities simultaneously and resolve issues independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required
- Full-time position, with flexible work schedule required, including weekend availability; peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
- Occasional overnight travel as needed
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid time off, medical and dental insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k), pre-tax reimbursement account and a generous employee discount.
Fill out our online application below.