Work With Us
Grow the Winston way
Client Service Associate – Full-Time; Boston
This position reports to the Manager of Client Services.
For three generations, Winston Flowers has been the premier boutique florist and garden retailer in the Boston. Today, our company has a worldwide online presence, two state-of-the-art design studios—60,000 square feet in Boston and 12,000 square feet in New York—and retail shops throughout Massachusetts and Greenwich, Connecticut, including a two-acre garden center in Chestnut Hill. From the beginning and still today, our mission has been to beautify and enliven both the indoor and outdoor environments where we live, work, and relax.
This dynamic, creative client service position is responsible for providing excellent service to our customers on a variety of levels. As a critical member of our Design Studio sales team, you will assist clients with gift product selection, questions and specific product requests via telephone. We look for candidates with a high level of energy, who are self-motivated and who will thrive in a fast-paced career. This is a creative environment that provides support, resources, and rewards for excellence and achievement.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management process to create custom gift product presentations for clients during telephone sales calls; using a consultative approach to build rapport and present key selling points while focusing on the customer’s needs
- Effectively upholds the service standards of Winston Flowers by providing excellent service, assisting customers with product selection and troubleshooting client issues, while managing internal processes to ensure timely deliveries
- Work closely with our Special Services team to provide a range of floral services for our wide range of clientele
- Responsible for follow-up inquiries to select clients to ensure 100% satisfaction
- Identify future sales opportunities from day to day calls and communicate to appropriate team(s) to maximize potential leads
- Previous experience in hospitality and/or customer service is preferred; experience in a high call volume environment is helpful
- Exemplary verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs, while balancing the needs of the company
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills, combined with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, listen attentively and respond effectively to concerns, combined with exceptional follow-through skills
- Enthusiasm the floral industry and a passion for great design
- Computer proficiency and ability to multi task between programs
- Core schedule will be from Monday through Friday, 8am–5pm, with weekend flexibility as business needs require
- Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k) and pre-tax health savings account with company match, free on-site parking, and a generous employee discount.
Fill out our online application below.