Work With Us
Grow the Winston way
Lead Floral Designer – Full-Time; Greenwich
This position reports to the Store Manager.
For over 75 years, the dedicated team at Winston Flowers has been committed to fostering excellence in everything we do. Today, our family-owned company has a worldwide online presence, two state-of-the-art design studios—60,000 square feet in Boston and 12,000 square feet in New York City—and retail shops throughout the Greater Boston area and in Greenwich, Connecticut. Each and every person on our team works in pursuit of a singular goal: to take care of our clients’ precious moments as if they were our own.
- Effectively upholds the service standards of Winston Flowers, driving sales by using a consultative approach to create customized product presentations to retail, residential, corporate, wedding and small event clients in store and on-site
- Conceptualize and execute design projects incorporating innovative use of colors, floral and textural materials and vessels, while meeting established criteria for Winston Flowers aesthetic and cost of goods
- Lead by example within a diverse team by contributing to a productive and cohesive work environment that provides an exemplary client experience
- Work cooperatively with the Store Manager and sales team to build new client relationships and developing prospects through networking, building and maintaining relationships with residential clients, event and party planners, catering managers, venues, etc.
- In cooperation with the Sales & Events Coordinator, maintain timely correspondence during sales process with client and vendors, and responsible for follow-up communication to clients to ensure 100% satisfaction
- Manage ongoing floral product needs with Winston Flowers Buying team, and partner with select third party vendors for event décor as needed
- May provide design support to Winston Flowers Long Island City Design Studio as business needs require
- Perform keyholder responsibilities as needed
- Significant hands-on floral design experience in a high-volume studio or retail environment is required
- Previous success in efficiently and professionally meeting and exceeding client expectations
- Proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required
- Full-time position, with flexible work schedule required, including weekend availability; peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
- Occasional overnight travel to Boston Design Studio as needed
Winston Flowers’ benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid time off, medical and dental insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k), pre-tax reimbursement account and a generous employee discount.
Fill out our online application below.